other "yeast" in Entrez ... was: Re: spt7 and cDNA libraries

SLForsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Fri Aug 11 09:20:07 EST 1995

francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV wrote:

>Susan says:
>
>> sigh.
>>
>> Once again some impressive "yeast" resources not applicable to pombe.
>> Or Candida.  Or Kluveromyces.  Or Pichia.  Or Yarrowia.  Or....
>
>Well, the Entrez example I presented is for all those yeast you
>mention, and a few other species (lots of those slower Eukaryotes
>for example ;).

Yes, Entrez is a global resource!

It's clear from an email I got that some people think I was being snide
in my comment.  I wasnt.  I should have appended, "in voice of wry
regret".  The cerevisiae resources are terrifc and I hope all of you
appreciate them because those of us who dont have them wish we did!
That's all.  Sometimes it is frustrating to work in one of the "other"
yeasts.

Anyway, I certainly meant no offense to anyone (I'm an ex cerevisaie
person myself) and hope I've clarified my post.

Moral:  there's no voice tone or body language here, so even when you
think you recognise the tone of your post, re-read it to see if you
can be misunderstood.

Always in a voice of gentle humour,

susan

Susan Forsburg  susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu