Direct cell to cell Yeast-E.coli shuttle by electroporation?

AL R. PLUMMER aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu
Wed Aug 16 10:32:44 EST 1995

Daniel Harkness (harkness at bio.bu.edu) wrote:
: John R. Thompson (jrt at intac.com) wrote:
: : Has anyone mixed yeast cells and E.coli cells and electroporated to effect
: : a direct cell to cell transfer for shuttling plasmids?   I can't recall if
: : seen the concept published or just thought it should be possible.

: : John Thompson

I have never tried the protocol, but there is a reference for this:

Marcil,R. and Higgins,D.R. (1992).  Direct transfer of plasmid DNA from
yeast to E.coli by electroporation.  Nucleic Acids Res. 20:917

Note: Only 2 micron plasmids were tested.