pombe transformation

SLForsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Fri Aug 25 12:19:54 EST 1995

For pombe transformation:  There are LiOAc protocols in the Yeast Book
(Guthrie and Fink Methods in Enzymol) which has a chapter on pombe
methods at the back.  Transformation often works better on stressed
cells, grown in very stringent minimal media.
Also, electroporation can work quite well.  We slightly modified the
Becker and Guarente cerevisaie protocol (also in the Guthrie/Fink
manual), growing pombe in minimal to late log, and plating them on
regular minimal, not min-sorb.

S L Forsburg
susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
 "I don't speak for the Institute,