Titering Gal1 promoter

tim stearns stearns at leland.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 30 20:00:40 EST 1995

jjschm at ccmail.monsanto.com (Jon Schmuke) wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone know the best way to titer expression from the Gal1 promoter?
..
I don't know what the best way is, but we have had excellent luck growing cells in 2%
galactose with varying amounts of glucose (up to 1%).  With 2%/1% gal/glu in YEP
medium, expression from the GAL1 promoter is reduced 100-fold, as assayed by western
of the expressed protein.  This is in a strain that started out as S288C background
but was backcrossed several times to a good Gal+ strain.

Tim Stearns
stearns at leland.stanford.edu