Troubleshooting & EGY188 needed in Camb

Jens Riese jr2 at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 1 12:43:51 EST 1995

I am performing a two-hybrid assay using the Brent lab methods.
Unfortunately, my bait activates the reporters sometimes. Does anyone in
Cambridge have a leucine reporter that is less sentitive, such as EGY188
or EGY194? My bait also seems a bit random when many colonies are
tested, with respect to both the leucine and the lacZ selection. Is this
normal? and if so could I just pick a colony that gives low background?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in
advance.
Xiang Yu (LMB, Cambridge)