Yeast GenBank Sequences

Mike Cherry cherry at GENOME.STANFORD.EDU
Thu Feb 2 19:47:13 EST 1995

Hello,

Several people have asked me about the possibility of obtaining a set
of just yeast sequences in FASTA format.  I have now added such a file
of all S. cerevisiae sequences to our ftp server
(genome-ftp.stanford.edu), look in the /pub/yeast/yeast_GenBank
directory.

This file is over 14 MB when uncompressed.  At the moment the file
contains 7151 entries.  I'll be updating this file three times a week,
at the same time that the "New Saccharomyces Sequences" messages are
generated.

Mike