anti-HA antibodies

Tien-Hsien Chang tchang at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Fri Feb 3 13:05:58 EST 1995

     We have been waiting for Berkeley Antibody Co. to deliver rabbit anti-HA
antibodies for the past 2 months.  The most recent information we got is that
we still have to wait for them to complete their assessment of the new batch.
We are aware of BMB is selling mouse anti-HA monoclonal.  However the price is
exceedingly expensive.  One gets 200 micrograms for more than $200.  And the
recommended conc. for Western is 10 micrograms per ml.

     Is there a noncommercial source (in academics) where we (and most likely
many others) can obtain anti-HA monoclonal antibodies (mouse or rabbit)?  We
are interested in using these for immunolocalization studies for HA-tagged
proteins.  Thanks in advance for the information.

                              Tien-Hsien Chang
                              Assistant Professor
                              Department of Molecular Genetics
                              The Ohio State University