Brain library for interaction trap?

John Corradi corradj at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Tue Feb 7 22:45:17 EST 1995

In article <3h8e2b$k1d at emerald.tufts.edu>, Brent Cochran
<bcochran_ypr at opal.tufts.edu> wrote:

> I believe Larry Feig's lab at Tufts has made a rat brain 2 hybrid libary.
> I don't know what vector it's in.
>
> -Brent Cochran

Thanks, Brent.  I called Larry and found out that his library is not in the
pJG4-5 vector from Roger Brent's lab.  He uses a different system
altogether and the selection for maintaining the plasmid is not compatible.
 The pJG4-5 vector makes a fusion protein with the B42 acidic activation
domain and contains the trp1 gene for selection on media lacking
tryptophan.