Tn3 mutagenesis of fungal genes

jfgarcia at mvax.cbm.uam.es jfgarcia at mvax.cbm.uam.es
Fri Feb 10 12:14:50 EST 1995

Hello,

We are considering adapting the transposon insertion/gene fusion system
used by Mike Snyder's group in S. cerevisiae to other fungi.  Does anybody
know where to get the original vectors to make the mini Tn3 constructions
and the auxiliary plasmids with the transposase, resolvase, etc?  To our
knowledge, admitedly not very up to date, the system was described by
Seifert et al. (PNAS (1986), 83:735-739), but we have benn unable to get
in touch with any of the authors of that paper.  Any help would be very
appreciated.

J.F. Garcia-Bustos