growth

Kathy Shire shirek at FHS.CSU.MCMASTER.CA
Thu Feb 16 13:24:58 EST 1995

Hi,

Has anyone ever had problems growing yeast (with 2 selectable plasmids, 2u
ori) in minimal medium?  My yeast grows well on plates and really slow
(double time approx. O/N) in liquid medium (growth stops after 2 days at
approx. OD600=1).  Apart from the yeast getting dizzy in the shaker, there
shouldn't be any difference btwn liquid cultures and growth on solid medium.
My LIQUID Bgal assays are not working out...HELP!

The shaker is at 30C and 225rpm.

Thanks for being there,

Kath