anti-HA and cross reactivity

Ms. Cynthia Bolognese; BIOL; GRAD bolognes at
Mon Feb 20 19:02:23 EST 1995

I am expressing my protein with an HA tag in S. cerevisiae, and I am having
trouble with cross reactivity in my westerns. I see that others are having
difficulty with high background in immunofluorescence. Does anyone have any
suggestions for eliminating cross-reactivity in westerns? If anyone has had
this problem, please email me and let me know what you've done and the sizes
of the cross reacting proteins you've come across.

Cindy Bolognes
Dept. Biol., UMBC
5401 Wilkens Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21227
bolognes at

The most important words in science aren't "Eureka! I have found it!", but
"that's funny . . ."  I. Asimov