chromosome VI

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Mon Feb 27 06:45:04 EST 1995

Francis Ouellette (francis at BORDUAS.NLM.NIH.GOV) wrote:

: So the moral of the story, is that if it's not in one pprivate
: database, it may be in an 'other', and there are many 'other'.

 'Private' and 'accessible' are two different issues, though. It seems to
  me as if research does not necessarily benefit by this type of confiden-
  tiality. After all, the genome sequencing projects were launched to en-
  lighten and not to upset the community. What does it help if I know that
  the sequence I am working on will be published for sure and is known al-
  ready, but not to me? I'd have to resequence it and will even not get a-
  warded a publication as it is already known that it is known.

Regards
Reinhard

--
 R.Doelz         Klingelbergstr.70| Tel. x41 61 267 2247  Fax x41 61 267 2078|
 Biocomputing        CH 4056 Basel| electronic Mail    doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch|