'Private' sequence databases

Mike Cherry cherry at fafner.Stanford.EDU
Mon Feb 27 11:38:31 EST 1995

In article <950227120342.21e01b22 at ehpmic.mips.biochem.mpg.de>,
 <MEWES at MIPS15.dnet.mips.biochem.mpg.de> wrote:
>Chromosomes sequenced within the EU Yeast Sequencing Network:
>
>CHRII (finished in 1994)
>CHRIII (finished in 1992)
>CHRIV  (right arm)
>CHRVII
>CHRX
>CHRXI  (finished in 1994)
>CHRXII (left arm)
>CHRXIV
>CHRXV
>CHRXVI (right arm)
>
>Data of other chromosome sequencing project are not included in the
>MIPS confidential database

There are two typos in the above list.  Chromosome IV (right) is being
sequenced at Stanford, its Chromosome IV (left) that is an EU project,
coordinated by C. Jacq.  I also understand that Chromosome XVI (right
arm) is split between Barrell and Johnson.  The EU project is on the
left arm with A. Goffeau being the coordinator.  The Bussey and
Friesen in Canada are also working on part of the left arm.

Mike