Need meth. to distinguish exo/endo glucanase

Francis Ouellette francis at borduas.nlm.nih.gov
Tue Feb 28 10:02:36 EST 1995

Christian Archambault (popa0215 at PO-Box.McGill.CA) wrote:

> I need a method to characherize the protein we purified
> as an endo or exo beta-1,3 glucanase.  I would appreciate any
> method or comments.

Dear Christian

check on the kinetics of laminarin degradation vs pachyman
hydrolysis. Go see Gordon MacLaclan in the bilogy department
at McGill.  I have worked on 1-3,beta-glucanases in that lab as an
undergrad, and somebody had purified these two enzymes (endo
vs exo) from pea.

Also note that there is a bionet GLYCOSCI newsgroup
(bionet.glycosci).

regards,

francis