S.c. Gene Name Registry

SGD Curator yeast-curator at genome.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 23 11:44:13 EST 1995

The Saccharomyces Genome Database needs your assistance in obtaining a
complete list of all gene names used for S. cerevisiae.  If you have
published a new gene name in the past two years or are considering to
use a new gene name please consider completing the form below and
returning it to the SGD.

The Gene Name Registry for S. cerevisiae was transferred to the SGD
project by Bob Mortimer in early 1994.  We are working to resolve all
gene nomenclature issues including the multiple use of one name for
more than one gene or the use of several names for one gene.  It is a
great benefit to the database project if you fill out the form below
so that we have more complete information.  We are exploring the
literature and GenBank entries to find new gene names.  However, your
submission will allow the gene name to be included within the
database, with an appropriate citation, more quickly.

The current list of gene names in the Registry is available via Gopher
and WWW.  We are happy to assist you in obtaining access to the SGD
resources.

Please check with the Gopher and WWW forms of the database when
choosing a new gene name to avoid possible conflicts.  Also please
register your gene names before publication or submission of a
GenBank/EMBL/DDBJ/PIR/SwissProt sequence entry.  The form below is a
suggestion of the types of information we wish to include within the
database.

Mike Cherry

     Contacts for the Saccharomyces Genome Database Project (SGD)
             e-mail:    yeast-curator at genome.stanford.edu
                ftp:    genome-ftp.stanford.edu
             Gopher:    genome-gopher.stanford.edu
                WWW:    http://genome-www.stanford.edu/
          Telephone:    415-725-8956
                FAX:    415-723-7016

--------------------------- cut here -----------------------------

SACCHAROMYCES GENOME DATABASE
GENE REGISTRY SUBMISSION FORM
Internet: yeast-curator at genome.stanford.edu
FAX (415)723-7016 (Please use e-mail if possible)

Name:
Laboratory of:
Department:
Institution: