yeast protein database?

Arnoud Kal KAL at AMC.UVA.NL
Tue Jan 3 07:11:26 EST 1995

Dear netters,

I have sequenced a few S. cerevisiae proteins and I want to
find out if the genes encoding these proteins have been
sequenced yet. The seqences are quite small, 4-12 amino
acids, and when I search protein databases mostly non-yeast
sequences are returned.
My questions are: how can I search NCBI and EMBL for
yeast proteins only? Are yeast protein databases available
that can be searched (preferably) via E-mail?
A search for yeast DNA is possible with the fungi library at
the EMBL, but this time I have protein sequences.

Thanks,

Arnoud Kal
Dept of Biochemistry
University of Amsterdam