Constitutive promoter for Sz. pombe expression

SLForsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Sat Jan 14 17:12:18 EST 1995

Steven Ritchie <stevenjo at sfu.ca> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am starting up some research with Schizosaccharomyces pombe and need
> some info on expression vectors available for this yeast.

I published a paper a while back comparing some of the available
promoters [Forsburg NAR 21:2955 (1993)]

Some commonly used promoters:
the nmt series constructed by Kinsey Maundrell. This includes down-
regulated mutants that have very reduced expression.
  nmt = no message in thiamine
fbp from Charlie Hoffman.
The tet repressible system, originally described in Faryar and
Gatz, modified by me for general use (see NAR paper)
adh promoter
SV40 promoter and a number of other viral promoters work in
pombe usually as moderate constitutives.

hope this helps!

susan
susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu