leu2 sequence

oneill thomas toneil1 at gl.umbc.edu
Thu Jan 19 16:48:32 EST 1995

On 19 Jan 1995 bolognes at umbc.edu wrote:

> I'm looking for a ref. to the leu2 deletion mutation. I would like to know
> how large the deletion is and what part of the gene is deleted.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Cindy Bolognese
> UMBC
> --
> The most important words in science aren't "Eureka! I have found it!", but
> "that's funny . . ."  I. Asimov

The Current Protocols in Molecular Biology book (Ausubel et al.) has a
very good description and map of the leu2-d mutation on p. 13.4.9. Says
"The leu2-d allele is a deletion of the 5'-flanking region of the LEU2
message which leaves only 29 bp preceding the LEU2 initiation codon."

Thomas O'Neill
UMAB