Freezing Yeast Stocks

Scott J. Diede died at
Thu Jan 19 19:08:31 EST 1995

Hello all,
   We have been having a debate in our lab concerning the concentration of
glycerol one should use in order to freeze down yeast strains.  Does
anyone have an idea whether a final concentration of glycerol of 15% works
better than one of 25%?  Someone in our lab claims that the 25%
concentration protects cells better from freeze-thaw cycles than 15%.  Any
help on this subject matter would be greatly appreciated (I have already
looked through the yeast biosci electronic archive index, but didn't find
anything much useful).

Scott Diede

Scott J. Diede
The University of Chicago