elutriators for S. cerevisiae

Dan Gottschling deg5 at midway.uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 6 18:36:05 EST 1995

Hi!

	Our lab is in the market for an elutriation device to isolate yeast
cells for cell cycle studies related to silencing.  We currently have a
Beckman high speed centrifuge and were planning on purchasing a Beckman
JE-6B Elutriator rotor plus accessories.  In addition we need to by a
pump and suitable diameter tubing.  Has anyone out there had experience
with this equipment for separating yeast cells?  We'd appreciate
learning about what pumps and tubing give good results, as well as
running conditions to get good separation.  If you have experience with
other elutriation devices I'd appreciate hearing about the options that
work well.

	Thanks for your help.

Dan Gottschling
MGCB - University of Chicago