Vector for Library Co

Tod Lorenz tod.lorenz at ghawk.com
Sat Jul 8 21:45:00 EST 1995

 -=> Quoting Al R. Plummer to All <=-

 ARP> ÿ#FROM   :aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu

 ARP> I am considering constructing a S. cerevisiae genomic libray and would
 ARP> like opinions on the vector to work with.  I know that the Rose/
 ARP> Botstein and Carlson/Botstein use YCp50 and Yep24 vectors
 ARP> respectively. I would like to know if the Hieter Series of multicopy
 ARP> vectors (pRS 423, 424, 425 and 426) are a viable option for library
 ARP> construction. I guess I should mention that I want a multicopy library.
 ARP> I would also like to hear about any protocols for library construction
 ARP> other than those found in the Guide to Yeast Genetics and Molecular
 ARP> Biology, along with any tips and suggestions.

	 I have used a YCp50 library for mutant complementation
	 with no problems at all, I think it was cut with bamI...
	 works good, tastes great.  Seems like we
	 got it somewhere commercially, Andy Keesler I believe would
	 know, but it is easy enough to make yourself a library using
	 either plasmid.....If you plan to do sequencing why not make a
	 library in pBlueScript, hmmmm, would that
	 work, yep I think so.....
     <Tod---former-sterolaholic-presently-carotenoid-isoprenoidiac>

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

___
 o Standard disclaimer: Views expressed are strictly those of the author.
 o From The GreyHawk BBS - Columbia, MD +1-410-290-3260 +1-410-720-5083