use of nystatin

Tod Lorenz tod.lorenz at ghawk.com
Sat Jul 8 21:39:00 EST 1995

 -=> Quoting Bruce G Adams to All <=-

 BGA> 080165.bruce at uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
 BGA> Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.yeast

 BGA> Hi yeasteis, and others. Just a note concerning using Nystain as a
 BGA> method of selective killing of growing as opposed to non-growing yeast
 BGA> cells. Most, if not all, Nystatin resistant mutants are sterol mutants
 BGA> and they are easily obtained. Point: t is easy to inadvertently obtain
 BGA> Nystsatin resistant cells.
	 Is a C-4 demethylase mutant nystatin resistant?....hmmm, I
	 wanna know....
	<Tod-o-reformed-sterolaholic-currently-addicted-to-carotenoids>

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

___
 o Standard disclaimer: Views expressed are strictly those of the author.
 o From The GreyHawk BBS - Columbia, MD +1-410-290-3260 +1-410-720-5083