unknown ORFs / EUROFAN

MEWES at MIPS15.dnet.mips.biochem.mpg.de MEWES at MIPS15.dnet.mips.biochem.mpg.de
Tue Jul 11 04:01:12 EST 1995

Jaap Venema wrote:

>>with
>>respect to the functional characterisation of the unknown ORFs...
>>Can anyone give me advice what I should do to let the responsible
>>people know about my results.

Dear Jaap,

currently, a project for systematic functional analysis is under way in
Germany (coordinator A. Hinnen, Jena) and an application has been submitted
to the European Commission for the FRAMEWORK IV programme to perform about
1200 systematic gene disruptions of yet uncharacterize ORFs. Our group (MIPS)
is active in the information handling in the German programme and we have
applied to be part of EUROFAN. We do currently compile a comprehensive database
of yeast proteins where we try to integrate systematically as much information
as possible. We will gratefuly acknowledge all contributions by any other
labs/researchers that help to avoid duplication of work. These contributions
will be publicaly accessible through our WWW server.

Best regards,

H. Werner Mewes

Dr. H.W. Mewes
MPI f. Biochemie