extracellular chymotrypsin digestion

Cynthia Bolognese bolognes at umbc7.umbc.edu
Tue Jul 11 13:46:54 EST 1995

I am looking for details on the technique of digesting plasma membrane
bound proteins with chymotrypsin. The goal is to treat yeast cells with
extracellular chymotrypsin in order to determine the orientation of our
membrane bound protein. I would like to know if anyone can recommend a
refernce that would give me a starting concentration of chymotrypsin,
digestion buffer, and the pros and cons of whole yeast cells vs.
spheroplasts. Please email me with suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Cynthia Bolognese
bolognes at umbc7.umbc.edu