Yeast Mito protein question?

AL R. PLUMMER aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu
Wed Jul 12 14:43:19 EST 1995

fanwang at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (YiZHANG) wrote:
: experiment but not during the culturing of yeast. So, my question is
: whether it is possible that yeast will grow in the presence of CCCP with
: glucose as carbon source, and therefore my protein (probably along with
: other mito proteins) will accumulated as precursor protein. Or at which

: Yi
: --
: FAN WANG E-MAIL: FANWANG at GPU.SRV.UALBERTA.CA

You might want to read:

Dupont,C.H. et al.  Isolation and genetic study of triethyltin-resistant
mutants of S. cerevisiae.  Curr.Genet. (1990) 17:465-472.

Look closely at pg.466 (Common phenotypic characteristics of class II
mutants)

Hope this helps,
		-Al(aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu)