Biomarker to monitor the presence and activity of fungus in environment

Jerome Rigot jfrigot at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 13 18:17:26 EST 1995

Hello,

I am looking for references related to the insertion of a biomarker into a
filamentous fungus to monitor its presence and activity in the environment
after release.  This could be applied to the monitoring of biocontrol
organisms in soil or to the monitoring of degradative organisms released
in the soil environment for bioremediation purpose.  Lux gene is used for
bacterial systems, and luc gene (luciferase) may potentially be used for
filamentous fungi or yeasts.  Are there any other approaches?  I found
only
one reference about luc gene inserted in yeast.  I think that techniques
specific to yeasts could be adapted to filamentous fungi.  I would
appreciate suggestions and specific references.  Respond directly to my
email address.  Thanks.
Jerome Rigot

--
Jerome Rigot