ade2-101 allele info?

Preston Garrison garrisonp at UTHSCSA.EDU
Mon Jul 24 01:10:34 EST 1995

>Thanks for all the replies...(stuff deleted)
>Here is another question now, since I apparently picked up a suppressor
>somewhere (these guys do sector red on YEPD):
>Why are these cells quite red on minus Leu but mostly white on minus His,
>Ura, or Lys?
>
>Thanks again netbuddies
>
>------Sandy

I have noticed too that other auxotrophic markers affect the pigment in
ade2 strains. To quote Sherman and Slonimski, "... a number of
environmental conditions and other genes have a marked effect on this ad1
pigment."
BBA 90: 1-15 1964.

Of course, this doesn't help, except to suggest that maybe you should ask
one of them and see if they know any more about it now.

Preston Garrison
garrisonp at uthscsa.edu
Biochem. Dept.
Univ of Texas Health Sci Ctr