Need plasmid sequences

Jon Stewart jds2 at ufcc.ufl.edu
Wed Jul 26 22:21:50 EST 1995

Hi all,

I am looking for the DNA sequences of two yeast expression plasmids
(pG-1 and pG-3) described several years ago by Keith Yamamoto's group
(Schena, M.; Picard, D.; Yamamoto, K. R., Meth. Enzymol., 1991, vol.
194, 389-398).  On a related note, our transformed yeast seem to rapidly
lose these plasmids when grown under non-selective conditions.  Has
anyone else seen this behavior as well and is there anything that can be
done to minimize this loss?  Thanks in advance.

Jon Stewart
Department of Chemistry
University of Florida

P.S.  Sorry for the double post.  It's my first time, and I realized as
soon as I sent the message that I forgot the subject.  Caveat typor.