pRS316 warning!

Mike Cherry cherry at GENOME.STANFORD.EDU
Mon Jul 31 21:05:02 EST 1995

> Jaap Venema (venema at odin.embl-heidelberg.de) wrote:
> I have just found out that the sequence/file given in the EMBL database for
> the yeast-E.coli shuttle vector pRS316 (filename prs316.emsyn) is in fact
> the sequence for the closely related pRS315 vector!!! Both are very much
> related in that only the markers are different (URA3 vs LEU2,
> respectively). I thought it was a good idea to let you know as soon as
> possible. I have not made a systematic check yet as to the accuracy of the
> other sequences, but as far as I can tell the sequences for pRS313, pRS314,
> pRS315 and pRS416 are correct. I have already sent an email to the EBI.

Jaap,

    As best I can tell there is no problem with the PRS315 (Accession
Number U03441) or PRS316 (Accession Number U03442) sequences from
GenBank.  PRS315 contains LEU2 and PRS316 contains URA3 sequence as
they should according to Sikorski, R.S. and Hieter, P (1989) A system
of shuttle vectors and yeast host strains designed for efficient
manipulation of DNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics 122:19-27.

Mike Cherry

     Contacts for the Saccharomyces Genome Database Project (SGD)
             e-mail:    yeast-curator at genome.stanford.edu
                ftp:    genome-ftp.stanford.edu
             Gopher:    genome-gopher.stanford.edu
                WWW:    http://genome-www.stanford.edu/