Use of Exons in 2-Hybrid system

Dean Danner Lab djdlab at bimcore.emory.edu
Tue Jun 13 12:55:07 EST 1995

I have heard that some labs are now using individual exons of proteins in the
two-hybrid (interactive trap) system. I posted an earlier request for info on
such a procedure and got little response, and the only response I got was
sent to my e-mail address.  From this I can only conclude that no one has
published using this procedure.

I would just like to know what results, positive or negative, people have
gotten using individual exons in the 2-hybrid system, and the advantages, if any,
there is to using this approach rather than deletion analysis of a full length
protein.

If you would like to respond confidentially to my e-mail address below, rather
than posting on the net, I understand. I can promise that we will not disseminate
your unpublished data without your consent.

Any help will be appreciated.

Brett Burkholder
Emory University, Dept. of Genetics and Molecular Medicine
burkhold at gmm.gen.emory.edu