Imaging petri dishes

linder at cmu.unige.ch linder at cmu.unige.ch
Tue Jun 13 03:06:39 EST 1995

Dear Netters,

we would like to record our petridishes with a camera, store the data as
TIFF files and use them to integrate the pictures in documents to make
slides and transparencies. The pictures are recorded on a PC disc and then
we are working with NIH Image on a Mac.
Our problem is, that the petridishes come out like eggs. Apparently the
picture is fine on PC. Although it is possible to distort the picture
to make the petridishes again round, this is not satisfying and the
quality is low.

Did you experience similar problems? How do you take pictures of petridishes?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Patrick Linder
linder at cmu.unige.ch