Imaging petri dishes

Stephen Mamber mamber at synapse.bms.com
Thu Jun 15 14:29:03 EST 1995

In article <3rjguf$hh2 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, linder at cmu.unige.ch says:

>Our problem is, that the petridishes come out like eggs. Apparently the
>picture is fine on PC.

Are you using an Olympus Cue-2 system by any chance?  You shouldn't be
getting distortions when you recall saved files to the TV (not computer)
screen.  However, when I print saved pictures on the laser printer, they
are distorted as you say.  But, they are not distorted on a dot-matrix
printer (which of course lacks the detail that you get from a laser).
The Olympus rep told me it was related to the differences in the
printer control characters for each type of printer.  SWM

mamber at synapse.bms.com