PROBLEMS WITH NOCODAZOLE

Lisa Estey esteylis at ACPUB.DUKE.EDU
Sun Jun 25 20:59:07 EST 1995

Hi-

	I am having problems trying to arrest G1 synchronized cerevisiae
with nocodazole.  I'm using the drug at 20 ug/ml (dissolved in a minimal
amount of DMSO) but I'm not really sure that it is staying in solution.
Do I need to use buffered media (I am currently using YNBD with the
appropriate amino acid supplements)?  Is there another microtubule-specific
agent that would be easier to use?

	Any responses posted to the newsgroup would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lisa Estey
Duke Univ. Medical Center/Glaxo-Wellcome, Inc.