transformation techniques

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Sun Mar 12 16:04:03 EST 1995

	Yeast people are probably getting pretty tired of amateurs
staggering into their group, mumbling incoherently about the two-hybrid
system .  . . but here comes another one.

	My question is - what techniques do you recommend for
transformation?  The Red Book of molecular biology, from which I'm
getting all my information, gives methods for LiAcetate, electroporation,
spheroplasts.  I've heard that there is also a good PEG protocol.

I gather that the lithium acetate procedure may be the best.  It's also a
real pain to prepare the salmon sperm DNA . . . anyone have any
suggestions, favourite methods, comments, helpful tips?  Any help would
be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Ian
--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-4328     Fax  (617)-632-2627