Stimulated proliferation of yeast itself?

BOCDC at CCVAX.SINICA.EDU.TW BOCDC at CCVAX.SINICA.EDU.TW
Wed Mar 15 21:59:57 EST 1995

Hi,
      Does anybody know any case or references about abnormal recombinant yeast
or special yeast strain that does not inhibited but stimulated by
expression of heterologus protein in itself?

       In my yeast study, growth-stimulated yeast transformants
that enriched from inhibited population was found, distinctive morphology
and  higher  survival rate were also characterized, I wonder whether the
proliferation of the abnormal yeast transformants become cancer-like
or not, I am trying to define this phenomenon, any suggestions would be
helpful. Thanks.

Dz-Chi Chen
BOCDC at CCVAX.SINICA.EDU.TW