S.c database searching?

Francis Ouellette francis at BORDUAS.NLM.NIH.GOV
Mon Mar 20 22:15:51 EST 1995

> From: pansari at eagle.wesleyan.edu

> 	I know there's a S. cerevisiae database out there now, and I can access
> it via gopher.  However, is there a way to search the database (and only the
> yeast database, not genbank etc) with a sequence?  Or do I have to wait until
> all the genes are added to GB and then autosearch that?

Dear Parswa,

check out the gopher server at:

gopher://genome-gopher.stanford.edu

there you will see:

 -->  5.  Saccharomyces Information/

which will show you:

                           Saccharomyces Information

 -->  1.  Help Searching the "<?>" databases [14Nov93, 2Kb].
      2.  Saccharomyces Genome Database (version 2.3) <?>
      3.  Registry, Saccharomyces Gene Names - TEXT file [09Mar95, 280 Kb].
      4.  Registry, Saccharomyces Gene Names - TAB-delim [09Mar95, 208 Kb].
      5.  Olson Physical Map Restriction Fragment Data/
      6.  Figures from Edition 12 Mortimer Maps (PICT & MacDraw PRO)/
      7.  Tables from the Database/
      8.  Submission Forms for SGD/
      9.  Saccharomyces Vector Sequences from GenBank/
      10. Yeast Genome Sequencing Results/
      11. Yeast (S.c.) Sequences in GenBank/
      12. ....
      13. Sequenced Saccharomyces Genes -- LISTA release 3.1 <?>
      14. Sequenced Saccharomyces Genes -- LISTA Docs v3.1 [30Jan94, 30Kb].
      15. ATCC Catalogs/
      16. E-mail Addresses of Yeast Researchers/
      17. Yeast BioSci Electronic Conference Archive Index <?>
      18. Saccharomyces Genomic Information Resource -- World Wide W.. <HTML>
      19. Return to Saccharomyces Genome Information Resource starting menu/

there is lots there for you (and others ;-) to enjoy!

all the best,

francis