Transforming E. coli with Yeast DNA... HOW!?

Esther Guarinos EGUARINOS at
Tue Mar 21 11:15:14 EST 1995

Dear Netters!

     I'm trying to check some yeast transformants by transforming E. coli with
their DNA. The trouble is that I don't get any transformant of E. coli.

     How can I prepare the yeast DNA to get some transformants?

     It's important to quantify the DNA? If so, which is the optimal
     Is there any trick to improve the transformation?

     If someone can help me, please send the answer to my personal account. I
will post a summary of the answers I receive.

     Thanks a lot,

     Esther Guarinos
     Centro de Biologia Molecular "Severo Ochoa"
     Universidad Autonoma de Madrid-CSIC
     Cantoblanco. 28049 Madrid

     Phone: 34-1-3975077
     Fax  : 34-1-3974799