gfp

Shin Enomoto shin at cis.umn.edu
Thu Mar 23 20:17:00 EST 1995

 The use of the latest GFP derivative that has
: a more defined and stronger fluorescence may help to overcome the weakness
: of the signal of the original GFP.

What are the lastest GFP derivatives and where can I get them?

We have not had much luck detecting a C-terminal fusion on low or high
copy and finally put the same construct behind GAL-10 promoter and
squinting to see a faint green signal. In most of the live cells I have a
bright yellow autoflorecent blob in the cytoplasm, and this material
appears to be more green in color when grown in galactose.  Has anybody
else seen this autoglourescent blob? What is the best way to get rid of them?

Shin