Transforming E. coli with Yeast DNA... HOW!?

SLForsburg susan_forsburg at
Fri Mar 24 12:50:59 EST 1995

Bert Popping <Bert.Popping at> wrote:

> could you give some parameters for the electroporation method ?
> Do you use a single pulse ? kV, ohm, capacity ?

We use the indicated method for the electroporator we have, which is a
BioRad gene pulser.  That is, we make a yeast miniprep (glass bead and
phenol disruption) and use that lysate to electroporate coli
according to manufacturer's recommendations.  Most electroporators
I have seen come with a recommended protocol for E. coli transformation.

susan_forsburg at