Candida transformation

d.a.bailey gen124 at nof.abdn.ac.uk
Sat Mar 25 12:54:06 EST 1995

Does anyone have a method for high efficiency Candida transformations? So far
I am only getting back 2 or 3 colonies for each ug of DNA.  This is using a
standard spheroplast by beta-glucaronidase method. I have tried novozyme etc
but this seems too harsh for the cells (I get goop in about 5mins).

I have also tried several High efficiency LiAc type protocols but while my
S.c controls are working a treat, in Candida it appears to be a none starter.

Any top tips greatly appreciated.

BTW is there a Candida newsgroup? perhaps bionet.molbiol.real.hyphae?

--

 bye bye !    | Molecular and Cell Biology, | ..  There's more   ..