Sequence of YEp13

francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Fri Nov 3 08:30:08 EST 1995

> From: csuzuki at nfri.affrc.go.jp (Suzuki Chise)

> I need the sequence of YEp13. From DNA database search, I got U03498
> of 10667 bp, which does not have Sac I site. However, according to
> Guide to Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology (Method Enzymol. 194),
> YEp13 is 10786 bp and has a Sac I site. In my hands, it lookes like
> having a Sac I site.
> Does anyone know the correct sequence of YEp13?
> Thanks in advance.

Dear Chise,

if you look at this WWW page, you will find what you need (and a
little bit more ;-)

http://biology.queensu.ca/~miseners/vector.html

and there I found:

http://biology.queensu.ca/~miseners/vector_descrip/YEP13.html

(text below)

and the first item (<<<<<<<<<<<) is linked to the sequence.  If you
don't know how to access the WWW, let me know, and I will e-mail you
the seuence.

I want to say a special thank you to Steve Misener
(misener at biology.queensu.ca) for putting this vector
page together!  A wonderful job!

Regads to all,

francis

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette
| GenBank
|
| francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

YEp13

  Vector IG Sequence Link : <<<<<<<
  General : plasmid ds-DNA 10639 BP
  Functions : (cloning)
  Selection : ()
  Copy Number : pMB1 25-80 copies/cell
  Hosts : (E.coli C600)(E.coli K802)(E.coli)(S.cerevisiae)(Saccharomyces)
  Suppliers : (ATCC)
  Misc.Comments : YEp13 is mitotically stable in cir+ strains. [2] A YE type S.
  cerevisiae/Escherichia coli shuttle vector for cloning specific genes
  by transformation of yeast.  Transforms leu2- yeast to Leu+ at 10E3 to
  10E4 colonies per microgram of DNA. An EcoRI fragment containing the 2
  micron origin was cloned into the EcoRI site of pBR322. The resulting
  plasmid was partially digested with PstI, and a PstI fragment
  containing yeast LEU2 cloned into the 2 micron PstI site. Restriction
  digests analyzed on agarose gels give the following sizes (kb):
  PstI--5.5, 4.0, 0.9; HindIII--10.7. (ATCC staff) Medium is 1227 LB plus
  ampicillin.
  Parents : (pBR322)(2micron plasmid B form)
  Siblings : (YEp351)(YEp352)(YEp356)(YEp366)(YEp24)
  Descendents : ()