Yeast electroporation

killer yeast vvsvetlov at utmem1.utmem.edu
Sun Nov 19 23:09:48 EST 1995

In article <user-1511951555430001 at 128.200.23.183>, user at host.uci.edu (Frog
lab) wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could provide me with information about yeast
> electroporation.  I've heard that it can yeild transformation efficiencies
> as high as 10^6.  Is this possible?  Comments, problems, or references
> would be greatly appreciated.

That's true (10^5-6) for transformation carried out using devices
delivering exponential pulse (like the one made by Juan). Apparently very
popular BioRad made ones that deliver a square-shaped pulse are very
inefficient (smth. like 100 per mcg of 5kb plasmid). You should check with
particular manufacturer characteristics of the e/poration device you
intend to use.
   Regards,
Vladmeister