Gal1p

* at sbsu1.auckland.ac.nz * at sbsu1.auckland.ac.nz
Mon Nov 27 11:58:39 EST 1995

Hi again
Thanks to everyone who replied to my question on the Gal1 promoter
vector.  It seems pretty clear that this vector is not well regulated
(nice to know I'm not the only one who has had trouble).  One explanantion
which occured to me (given that it appears that the Gal1p is not that
tightly regulated) is that the vector is multicopy, which presumably would
increase the basal level of expression on glucose as well (as compared to
a CEN-based vector say).  Anyone agree/disagree with this assessment?  If
this is true, the solution may be to simply use a single copy gal1 vector
- if anyone knows of a reliable one.

Cheers,
Colin MacDiarmid
macdiarm at sbsu1.auckland.ac.nz