sporulation of s288c diploid

Karen Sirum-Connolly ksirum at biochem.umass.edu
Fri Oct 6 08:27:23 EST 1995

Dear Colin and Dave,

		The sporulation problem in s288c could be due to one of those "common
markers", namely his3-delta200.  If the diploid is homozygous for this
allele, it may not sporulate well due to reduced expression of PET56.
Check the bionet.molbiol.yeast archives for a discussion of PET56 and
his3-delta200 that occured in August.  I would be happy to send you
PET56 on a plasmid to see if this helps.  Marc Garten told me this
solved his sporulation problems.

Best Regards,

Karen

Karen Sirum-Connolly
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003
phone 413-545-0469
fax 413-545-3291