Looking for Cyclin H.....

Michael Moser moser at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon Oct 9 20:54:42 EST 1995

On 9 Oct 1995 francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov wrote:

> My colleague Karl Kleine <KLEINE at MIPS6.dnet.mips.biochem.mpg.de> replies:
>
>> I am wondering where you have really searched because the CCL1 could be found
>> in the PIR International database with accession S39383 (see entry below),
>> the EMBL accession is X71902 .
>
> And I add:
>
> Yes, I wonder myself as well, because the DNA sequence has been in the
> GenBank (EMBL) for almost 2 years now, from the EMBL file (retrieved from
> the NCBI retrieve server ;-) I see:
>
> ID   SCCCL1     standard; DNA; FUN; 1865 BP.
> XX
> AC   X71902;
> XX
> DT   23-DEC-1993 (Rel. 38, Created)
> DT   07-JAN-1994 (Rel. 38, Last updated, Version 3)
> XX
> DE   S.cerevisiae CCL1 gene
>
> This is also available from the following sources:
>

> NCBI's WWW Entrez:   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
> NCBI's retrieve e-mail server:  retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
>        (send the word 'help' in a message to this server to
>         get information on how to format your queries)
> NCBI's Network Entrez application (clients exist for Mac,
>                                    PC windows, Unix and others)
>
> Saccharomyces Genome Database (SGD) WWW: http://genome-www.stanford.edu/
>
> Yeast Protein Database (YPD) WWW: http://quest7.proteome.com/YPDhome.html
>
> MIPS/PIR WWW: http://www.mips.biochem.mpg.de/
>

> Hope this helps!
>

> francis
>
> --
> | B.F. Francis Ouellette
> | GenBank
> |
> | francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Hey guys,

I think it would help more if you read what the guy actually wrote, not
what you think he wrote:

Charles Yang <cyang at jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu> writes:

> My problem:  I can't find the nucleotide and amino acid sequences for
> the Cyclin H gene (the human counterpart to CCL1) and its corresponding
> protein.

I think he's trying to find the sequence of some CCL1 homolog, not CCL1.
Maybe he's not THAT clueless, although why post a request for a human
gene to yeast newsgroup...

Sincerely,

Mike Moser                                             Tel: 206-543-5354
UW Department of Biochemistry                          FAX: 206-685-1792
Box 357350                                        moser at u.washington.edu
Seattle, WA  98195-7350                     Make peace my beast is yeast