Looking for Cyclin H.....

francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Mon Oct 9 13:50:35 EST 1995

Charles Yang <cyang at jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu> writes:

> 	My name is Charles Yang and I am currently doing some work on yeast
> RNA pol2 initiation factors in S.Cerevisiae.  I am keying up on the TF2H
> protein specifically the CCL1 gene which codes for a subunit of this
> protein.  My problem:  I can't find the nucleotide and amino acid
> sequences for the Cyclin H gene	(the human counterpart to CCL1) and its
> corresponding protein. I've already checked Medline, Swiss-Prot,
> Genbank, ....etc. to no avail.

My colleague Karl Kleine <KLEINE at MIPS6.dnet.mips.biochem.mpg.de> replies:

> I am wondering where you have really searched because the CCL1 could be found
> in the PIR International database with accession S39383 (see entry below),
> the EMBL accession is X71902 .

And I add:

Yes, I wonder myself as well, because the DNA sequence has been in the
GenBank (EMBL) for almost 2 years now, from the EMBL file (retrieved from
the NCBI retrieve server ;-) I see:

ID   SCCCL1     standard; DNA; FUN; 1865 BP.
XX
AC   X71902;
XX
DT   23-DEC-1993 (Rel. 38, Created)
DT   07-JAN-1994 (Rel. 38, Last updated, Version 3)
XX
DE   S.cerevisiae CCL1 gene

This is also available from the following sources:

NCBI's WWW Entrez:   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
NCBI's retrieve e-mail server:  retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
       (send the word 'help' in a message to this server to
        get information on how to format your queries)
NCBI's Network Entrez application (clients exist for Mac,
                                   PC windows, Unix and others)

Saccharomyces Genome Database (SGD) WWW: http://genome-www.stanford.edu/

Yeast Protein Database (YPD) WWW: http://quest7.proteome.com/YPDhome.html

MIPS/PIR WWW: http://www.mips.biochem.mpg.de/