S-35 metabolic labeling overnight

Darlene Falvey falveyda at UMDNJ.EDU
Tue Oct 10 14:55:17 EST 1995

I am in need of a protocol for labeling yeast overnight with TranS35Label
(ICN). Previously, I have done six hour labelings with a final activity
of 50 uCi/ml but have not been able to isolate a labeled protein by IP.
It has been suggested that the turnover of our protein of interest might
be too long and a longer labeling might help. If anyone has any
experience with overnight labeling of yeast cultures with S-35, I would
appreciate any insight you could provide.