LYS2

AL R. PLUMMER aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu
Thu Oct 12 21:32:27 EST 1995

Solange S de Camargo (scamargo at usp.br) wrote:

: Hi Colleagues,
:
: 	I have to express a specific gene in a strain without selection
: marker. So, I'd like to know if it is easy to obtain  lys - mutants and
: how I can do for get them. In addition, I'd like to know if somebody has a
: cloning vector for S. cerevisiae with the LYS2 gene as marker or the LYS2
: gene flanqued by a polilynker.
: 	I'd appreciate very much if somebody could help me.
: 	Best wishes,

: 		Solange

I found the references I wrote about earlier.  You can find a review
and a protocol in Guide to Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology
(Methods in Enzymology vol.194, pp 302-311.  Specifically pg 310 for
media preparation).

Again, I hope this is of help.

	-Al(aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu)