AL R. PLUMMER aplummer at
Thu Oct 12 19:08:11 EST 1995

Solange S de Camargo (scamargo at wrote:

: Hi Colleagues,
: 	I have to express a specific gene in a strain without selection
: marker. So, I'd like to know if it is easy to obtain  lys - mutants and
: how I can do for get them. In addition, I'd like to know if somebody has a
: cloning vector for S. cerevisiae with the LYS2 gene as marker or the LYS2
: gene flanqued by a polilynker.
: 	I'd appreciate very much if somebody could help me.
: 	Best wishes,

: 		Solange

For selection of lys2 auxotrophs you can use aminoadipic acid.  The
method is described in Methods in Enzymology 194 (I think) under
mutant selection.  This is the Genetic and Molecular Biology of
Yeast volume.  I think this is the correct title.

Sorry for the vagueness of my reply, but I don't have my resourses
available at the moment.  I hop this information is of use.

		-Al(aplummer at