GAL4BD and GAL4act antibodies

Andreas Kalmes imsd018 at uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Oct 26 10:00:23 EST 1995

I am using these two Santa Cruz antibodies:

GAL4BD-antibody (Cat.# sc-577, polyclonal): excellent on Westerns
(haven't tried IPs w/ it yet), I use it 1:10,000 for ECL detection.

GAL4TA-antibody (Cat.# sc-429, also polyclonal): didn't get any
(specific) signal for a variety of different GAL4-TA-fusion proteins
that, on the other hand, I am able to detect using anti-HAtag antibodies.
Tried two different lot-numbers so far. Would be interested in other
people's experience with this antibody.

Andreas.